People are generally advised to go for general consultation to maintain over all wellbeing, to prevent disease by early detection and to build a confidence that one is leading a healthy life. Dr. Qureshi based out of San Jose, CA is a general consultant who can provide consultation in the following.
Cardiovascular consultation is very important as it provides an opportunity for patients to evaluate the risk of developing heart disease.
Diagnosis carried out:
- In this test patient’s heart will be put into stress and the withstanding capacity will be checked.
- The patients are made to go for treadmill and echocardiogram and blood pressure changes are recorded.
- This is done for the patients for whom coronary artery signs were identified.
- Blood vessels, chambers of the heart are checked for the deposition of the plaque or other such problems using X-ray images.
- sound waves are used to create images of the heart.
- Heart valve malfunctions, size and strength of the heart shall be detected.
- This test is performed to determine the rate of heartbeat, irregularities in rhythm, palpitations and heart damage etc.
- Doctor diagnose and treat the problems in the respiratory systems
- Asthma, acute and chronic bronchitis, lung fibrosis, pneumonia, lung diseases, sarcoidosis, lung cancer, pneumothorax, pulmonary embolism, lung fibrosis shall be diagnosed and treated.
- If you have symptoms such as chronic back pain, pain in muscles, tendons, swelling around the joint, joint deformity , inflammation in the knee, hips and shoulders then you may have orthopedic problems.
Orthopedics problems can be treated by:
- Joint replacement
- Shoulder surgery
- Tumor surgery
- Micro vascular procedures
- Anterior hip replacement and other such treatments.
Disease that affects joints and muscles are called rheumatic disease. Common rheumatic diseases are osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis and sjogren’s syndrome.
Hematology is a branch of medicine involves in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases related to blood.
Some of the Important tests performed are:
- Blood film
- Bone marrow aspirate
- Complete blood count
- Sickle screening
- Coagulation test
- Erythrocyte sedimentation rate
Oncology is the study about cancer. Three main components of improves the survival of cancer are prevention, early diagnosis and treatment.
Diagnosis tests includes:-
- X ray
- CT scans
- PET scan
- Bone scan
- Stress tests
Gynecology deals with the reproductive health of a woman; obstetrics deals with the women during pregnancy and post pregnancy period.
- Blood pressure
- Pelvic exam
- Abnormalities in vaginal area
- Pap test
- Rectovaginal exam
- Any abnormalities in breast
- Obesity is the accumulation of excess fat which leads to health problems. If your BMI is more than 30 then you are considered as obese.
- Doctor may prescribe diet consisting of :
- Plenty of fruits and vegetables
- Plenty of starchy foods
- Little amount of foods and beverages containing fat and sugar
Endocrinology is the study of disease caused by endocrine hormonal dysfunction.
- Diabetes mellitus
- Thyroid disorders
- Metabolic diseases
- Precocious puberty
- Pediatric endocrine disease
Skin and hair loss:
Skin and hair loss are mainly due to fungal and bacterial infection.
Some of the fungal and bacterial infections are:-
- Ring worm
- Demodex folliculorum
- Seborrheic dermtitus
Common treatments to skin and hair loss:
- Corticosteroid cream or lotion
- Azole-based shampoos
- Shampoos containing sulfur, selenium sulfide, zince pyrithione, tar, salicylic acid or oil of cade.